Condo owners can get confused when choosing the best type of roller blinds for their condo. With a wide variation of architectural designs of condominiums all across the city, it’s imperative to know which roller blind fits best. Although there are a number of window blinds available in the market, the roller blinds seems to be more effective as it is much more advantageous than others and comes at a reasonable price.
Before picking up the right roller blinds for your condominium, it’s essential to know the specifications.
Here’s a snapshot of the specifications to keep in mind before selecting the right roller blinds for your condos.
The fabric of the roller blind is one of the most important aspects when choosing one. It may depend on the position of the windows in your condo and how much benefit it has. For example some windows may only need to be covered during night for privacy while some may have exposure to sunlight which needs to be covered all through the day for controlling glare. Depending on the situation one may choose from the below mentioned types:
* Sun control - Such fabrics have a tendency to block solar rays and a reflective action. If the window receives too much sun light, a sun control or anti-glare roller blind may do wonders. It also saves from damaging via UV rays that enter through the windows.
* Energy saving fabrics - Roller blind fabrics with energy saving properties are the most beneficial ones because they help in minimizing the heat loss from inside your condo. Such fabric is coated with special material which acts as an insulator and reflects heat back into the room thus minimizing the heating costs.
* Anti-bacterial fabric - Blinds that are used for moist areas like bathroom, kitchen windows tend to gather bacteria which can be harmful. Roller blinds made of anti-bacterial fabric inhibits the growth of microorganisms and maintains a good level of hygiene.
* Moisture resistant fabrics - As the name suggests, it is waterproof and can be used in places that have high moisture levels. The fabric is resistant to water and does not get damaged easily. It can be cleaned with the help of a damp cloth.
* Washable fabrics - If you do not want someone else to clean your blinds, go for washable roller blinds. They are easy to clean even in washing machine.
* Flame retardant fabric - Best suitable for kitchen windows and is not prone to catch fire. It is extremely safe and made from materials that do not catch fire easily.
Privacy and Light Reduction
Well, not to mention blinds help in avoiding unwanted gazes from outside and if you are concerned of your privacy, you will definitely like to buy a roller blind that completely covers your window, so that no one can do a sneak peek in. Roller blinds for condos come in materials that have different level of transparency to maintain privacy. Depending upon the type of shade roller blinds provide, it can be categorized into following types:
* Blackout roller blinds - Such blinds are best suitable for bedrooms which requires minimum light but maximum privacy. It helps in blocking most of the sunlight and heat coming inside from a window and minimizes a glaring sunlight on floorings and furniture.
* Roller screens - If you want to block light but still maintain the view, these roller blinds are the best ones. They control glare in living rooms yet provide some light to enter.
* Translucent roller blinds - Ideal for rooms which require reduced light. These blinds do not block light completely yet help in maintaining privacy by reducing view from outside.
Decorative trim and Valances
Once you have decided the type of roller blinds to cover your window, you may choose colours, decorative trims and valances that match your room décor. You may opt from a wide array of colours starting from elegant sheers, light shades to nature inspired and even light control shades.
You may also go for decorative trims like wavy, centre point, centre point up, traditional or simply straight. Valances also affect the appearance of the roller blinds. You may select either standard or cassette valance according to one’s style and aura.
Although selecting roller blinds for condos may be a time consuming task but once you know your requirements, it actually helps you in picking the right stuff. Considering the above factors before buying this may actually help in choosing the right blinds for your wonderful condos.
Craftsman Custom Shutters and Blinds are experts in the blinds industry. They will assist you through the entire process, from selecting the blinds that best suits your needs to the installation process. Call Craftsman Custom Shutters and Blinds today at 416-282-4229 to book an appointment or to get a quote.